- Wash and dry the tomatoes and zucchini. Cut off the ends of the zucchini, then cut them into cubes, along with the tomatoes. Peel and cut the sweet potato into cubes.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Peel the onion and garlic, chop and saute in a pan with a little oil. Add the ginger, tomatoes, sweet potato, and zucchini. Add salt and pepper and leave to stew for 10 minutes.
- Add the saffron, ras-el-hanout, paprika, tomato puree and fish stock, moisten with the warm water. Stir, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the fish balls: remove the crust from the bread, place the milk in a bowl, add the bread and allow it to soak up the milk. Chop the parsley and coriander.
- Mix the fish with the drained bread, peeled garlic, 1 egg, saffron, parsley and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into balls using your hands.
- Pour the flour onto a plate and whisk the second egg in a bowl. Roll the ball in the flour and then in the egg. Fry in a pan in hot oil until golden brown.
- Add the balls to the vegetable mixture with the drained chickpeas and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous following the packet instructions, adding the butter in small pieces.
- Arrange the couscous, saithe balls and vegetables on a plate, serve with crème fraiche.