- Peel and chop the garlic, onion, and bell pepper into small cubes.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a saucepan and cook the vegetables on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Add the flour, stir well, and cook for another few minutes. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan. Cook further for 20-25 minutes. Strain the sauce using a colander, return to the pan on low heat and season to taste.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and cut them into cubes, keep the peel on. Boil the potatoes until tender, and mash them lightly with a fork. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper. Let the potato mash simmer on low heat until serving.
- Season the saithe with salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan and seal them on both sides. Add the saithe to the sauce and cook for a further 3 minutes on each side. Before serving, sprinkle with a few parsley leaves.
- Clean the green beans thoroughly. Cut off the ends and boil them in lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes. Prepare the beans right before serving or cool them down in ice water to stop the boiling process.
- Before serving, sprinkle the saithe with a few parsley leaves.
- Serve the saithe with mashed potatoes and green beans.