- Shred the kaffir lime leaves.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and slice into cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the salmon cubes on each side, and set aside.
- Chop the green chillies, shallot, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime zest and coriander roots finely.
- Mix all ingredients for the curry paste in a mortar.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and saute the curry paste. slowly add half of the thick coconut milk and stir fry until fragrant. Remove pan from heat.
- Transfer the curry into a large pot and heat over medium heat, add the light coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a boil and add fish sauce and sugar.
- Add pea eggplant and make sure they are submerged in the curry. Continue cooking until the eggplant is cooked through and add the remaining thick coconut milk. Bring to a boil and add thai basil leaves and red spur chillies.
- Taste the curry and adjust the spicyness to your liking. If the curry is to spicy, add some coconut milk and bring down the heat level.
- Turn off the heat and add the salmon cubes.
- Serve immediately.