Try this delicious recipe for Torta de Bacalao.
Soaking Norwegian Salt Cod
- When using Norwegian Salted Cod (Clippfish), you have to soak it for 24/36 hours before cooking with it. Place the fish in cold water, and change the water every 12 hours
Preparing the dish
- In a large pot place the soaked salt cod boil until the cod is tender, allow to cool, then shred it.
- Dice prawns, heart of palms, hard boiled eggs and cut the onion into 1/4 inch rings.
- Chop up plum tomatoes and sardines.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Cook the potatoes in cold water until tender, strain and mix with the shredded salt cod, prawns, sardines, peas, hearts of palm, tomatoes, olives and tomato sauce.
- In an oven ready pan place half of the onion rings, half of the hard boiled eggs and half of the salt cod mixture.
- Mix together the whisked eggs and flour, making sure the flour is fully mixed in. Add the whisked egg mixture over top then place the remaining onion rings, hard boiled eggs and salt cod mixture.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350’F, allow to rest for 20 minutes, slice and serve over cooked rice.